Reed switch is the abbreviation of dry reed pipe. It is a passive electronic switch component with contacts. It has the advantages of simple structure, small size and easy control. The outer casing is usually a sealed glass tube. There are two iron elastic reed plates, which are also filled with an inert gas called metal crucible. In normal times, two reeds made of special materials in the glass tube are separated. When a magnetic substance is close to the glass tube, under the action of the magnetic field lines, the two reeds in the tube are magnetised to attract each other, and the reeds are attracted together to connect the circuit connected to the node. After the external magnetic force disappears, the two reeds are separated due to their own elasticity, and the circuit is broken. Therefore, as a line switching device controlled by a magnetic field signal, the reed switch can be used as a sensor for counting, limiting, etc. (mainly used for the production of door magnets and window magnets in security systems), and also It is widely used in various communication devices. In practice, the permanent magnets are usually used to control the on or off of the two metal sheets, so they are also called “magnetos”.
Reed Switch Features and Applications:
- Length: 1.5*10mm
- Reed switch HTE-RS105
- The dry reed pipe is compact and lightweight, and can be installed in extremely limited space, making it ideal for miniaturized equipment.
- The switching components of the dry reed pipe are hermetically sealed in an inert gas atmosphere, never in contact with the external environment, and have a long working life.
- the dry reed pipe does not use sliding elements, so there will be no metal fatigue phenomenon related to all metal degradation, ensuring virtually unlimited mechanical life.
- the reed switch in mobile phones, program-controlled switches, copiers, washing machines, refrigerators, cameras, disinfection cupboards, door magnets, window magnets, electromagnetic relays, electronic scales, liquid level gauges, gas meters, water meters, etc. have been very Good application.
Reed switch use precautions:
- Care must be taken when cutting or bending the lead legs of the reed switch to avoid undue stress and damage to the glass-to-metal seal. Proper clamping tools must be used
- Temperature and excessive exposure time may cause damage to the glass-to-metal seal (cracking, leakage, etc.), so fast and reliable welding techniques (processes) must be used. The recommended welding conditions are: 280-300 °C for hand welding and 250 to 300 °C for wave soldering.